Thursday, June 3, 2010

CampfireTALK - (05/18/2010)

I've been reading a book given to me some time ago ...
Actually it's a re-read.  This is one book you don't just read it, you "study" it!  The book is "Smith Wigglesworth - The Complete Collection of His Life Teachings".  It is written by his granddaughter, Alice Berry Nee' Wigglesworth.  I recommend it for your study library - it's a "keeper"! 

In the first chapter, Smith talks of the relationship with God.  He says, "It is necessary that we find our bearings in this Word.  [Word of God]  There is nothing that will bring to you such confidence as a life that is well-pleasing to Him."  He goes on to say, "The moment you pray you find that the heavens are opened.  If you have to wait for the heavens to be opened something is wrong.

In studying further I begin to understand what he is saying.  He compares the walk to Jesus, our example.  Jesus when He prayed, expected immediate results.  He was in fellowship with God.  He "knew" where He stood with God!  He got what He asked for too!  But how?  According to Smith Wigglesworth, it was because of His constant and regular time spent one-on-One with The Father, in close personal fellowship. 

I have experienced this and can attest to it.  A couple of years ago, I had begun to spend time with the Father in the early morning hours.  I would rise early, a serape (Mexican blanket) in hand, and would head out to the back porch or some place secluded, and just visit with the Father.  Sometimes I'd pray.  Sometimes I'd sing to Him.  Almost always, when I did pray it would be in the spirit.  I wanted to be praying "perfectly" in line with the Word of God, so I kept my mind out of it all, and prayed in tongues.  And "HE" would talk with me!

I remember after one morning like this, I was presented with a young boy who needed prayer.  He was full of despair.  He felt that nobody loved him!  When I began to pray over him, his face changed.  He got this evil grin, his voice dropped to a deeper tone, and he said, "You can't cast me out."  And it was at that moment that I experienced this "knowing" that Smith is talking about!  A "POWERFUL" sense of knowing ... "KNOWING" (I can't shout it loud enough to get the point across to you - I "KNEW" the end results!!!) but this just came over me, this "KNOWING", and I placed my hand on this boys chest to pray! 

If you've seen the movie IRON MAN, you know what the next moment felt like!  Iron Man, in these movies, has a way of producing an energy pulse from the palm of his hands.  Well, when I put my hand on this boys chest, a (I still can't do this loud enough for you to get it) "BOLDNESS" came upon me!!  I placed my hand on his chest, and with authority, but not that loud really, I firmly - knowing the end result already - said to the spirit, "In the name of JESUS ... come ... OUT!!"  and the boy went limp! 

At first my natural mind thought, "Now you've done it!  You've killed him!" but that is just not possible.  I don't have that kind of power ... it was GOD's power that I was using to heal and deliver this boy, and GOD is not a killer! 

Suddenly, the boy sat up!  He smiled the warmest smile he could possibly smile!.  Then, he hugged my neck!  I'll never forget that!  There was just such a "peace" about him!  We've been close ever since! 

But that authority, that "knowing", that "POWER" ... came over me, from time with God.  Mind you, I was not running around seeking His presence, I was seeking "HIM".  To seek His presence means that you want to be in the "immediate vicinity" of where He is.  But I was talking with, and visiting with the Father Himself, each morning!  I wasn't just seeking to be near Him, I was WITH HIM!  And as Smith Wigglesworth says in his book, "that" is the key!  Walking in a daily walk and fellowship with God!  He says that from this comes the confidence you need.  It's the same kind of confidence that Moses had when he no longer needed Aaron to talk to the Pharoah, but addressed him himself, face-to-face!  Or Elijah, when the King sent his troops to retrieve him, and he defied them all!  Or the same kind of confidence that Peter had when, in front of all of those religious folks in the temple he had the audacity to tell a "lame man" to "GET UP!", pick up his bed and walk! 

We'll be teaching on this soon!  Look us up! 
Make me proud!
banner - WORD CHURCH -(sm).jpg

0 hrs [cs/dt]:

Post a Comment

If you have a comment on the post, please consider your wording (it will be reviewed) as the audience will eventually be very large.

Thank you for your comments!
- pastor rich -




Rich Allcorn Ministries and WORD CHURCH Ministries
Written by Richard A. Allcorn © Copyright 2009 - All rights reserved.

For additional information, please consult the following websites:
Ministry websites - http://www.richallcorn.org and http://www.sotmi.org
Additional posted writings can be found here - http://www.richallcorn.com/writer